How It Works
Commercial Solar – How It Works
- Solar electric panels can be mounted flush on a pitched roof or tilted on a flat membrane roof with a non-penetrating ballast mount.
- An inverter is mounted indoors, usually in the utility room near the main breaker. In some cases, multiple smaller inverters can take the place of one larger inverter.
- During daytime business hours, the energy from the solar electric system will offset your daily electrical usage.
- If the business is closed on weekends, the solar system is still producing electricity on sunny days, even if the office isn’t using any.
- The net result is lower electrical bills, tax-free income from selling SRECs, and a positive impact on the environment.