Material Management Associate
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
Do you want to have an impact on the world’s future? Solar energy company New England Clean Energy is seeking a talented person to join our team as a Materials Management Associate to support our growing company.
New England Clean Energy is a leading solar installation company with unmatched customer satisfaction as rated by consumers on Solar Reviews.
The Material Management Associate will report to the Director of Supply Chain and will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing inventory, material processing, quality control support, and cleaning and maintenance of the material storage facility.
Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Inventory Control/Management:
- Responsible for all inbound and outbound physical inventory movement
- Maintain inventory accuracy through physical and cycle counting
- Identify and investigate inventory discrepancies, and recommend actions to reconcile differences
- Responsible for all inventory movement in inventory control systems
- Point of contact for all material deliveries at storage facility and on job sites
- Schedule material deliveries with manufacturers, distributors, and shipping companies
- Unload, inspect, move, unpack, count, label, and store inbound shipments
- Identify receiving discrepancies/damages, and recommend actions to relieve issues
- Record inbound material receipts in inventory control systems
- Review project specific material requirements, pick, and stage product accordingly
- Review and replenish truck stock
- Record outbound material movement in inventory control systems
- Returns Handling:
- Track and facilitate physical return/replacement of defective/damaged product
- Record returned material movement in all appropriate systems
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas
- Move material and continuously organize storage area
- Assist in, or perform, additional responsibilities when deemed necessary and appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills with superb attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching throughout the day; regular lifting of up to 70 pounds.
- Occasional climbing of ladders
- Ability to obtain a Massachusetts Forklift Operator’s license
- Usage of forklift, as well as manual and motorized pallet jacks
- Capable of working in a typical storage environment with adequate lighting and ventilation subject to a variety of noise and temperature levels
- Ability to multi-task including answering telephone calls, looking up and entering information on a computer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), e-mail , and inventory control systems
- Current Massachusetts Driver’s License with good driving record
- May occasionally require extra hours when necessary to complete work assignments
- One or more years of experience in a related position
- Knowledge of basic electrical and construction trades
- Hourly Position – depending on experience
- Benefit Package: medical, dental, PTO, 401K, Long & Short Term Disability, Life Insurance and Company Profit Sharing Program.
*Relocation packages and work visas are not offered.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Careers@NewEnglandCleanEnergy.com as a Word or pdf attachment. Include “Material Management Associate” in the subject. No phone calls or faxes. We will contact qualified applicants, who submit cover letters with their resumes, within one week of submission.
About New England Clean Energy:
New England Clean Energy has the Highest Customer Satisfaction among MA solar installers. Our office environment is informal and collaborative, while our systems and approach are professional and organized.
New England Clean Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, New England Clean Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
New England Clean Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New England Clean Energy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.