Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
Do you want to have an impact on the world’s future? Solar energy company New England Clean Energy is seeking several Journeyman Electricians (licensed in Massachusetts and/or Rhode Island) to join our team and be part of a new and challenging industry where they can make a difference. Based in Hudson, MA, New England Clean Energy is a leading solar installation company with unmatched customer satisfaction.
Why work in solar when there are other electrician jobs around, and why work here when there are other solar companies around? As Crew Lead and Electrician Mike Richards says, “I like my job because I’m very close with the other guys, and it’s nice to have a personal relationship with all my bosses – I can go directly to them with any questions or concerns. And it’s very nice to work with customers that are eager and excited for us to be onsite every day.”
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Installation of solar electric systems
- General wiring
- Connecting solar systems to the grid
- Light construction
- Troubleshooting existing projects.
- Hold a current Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License, a Rhode Island Journeyman Electrical License, or both
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have an understanding of NEC and electrical calculation
- Be able to work on ladders and roofs of all pitches and heights
- Be able to work in extreme environments (We install systems all year!)
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. of weight
- Be proficient in bending all types of conduit, including but not limited to EMT, PVC & RMC
- Hold valid Drivers License with a good driving record
- Have basic hand tools.
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours to meet customer needs; have reliable transportation and a current driver’s license with good record; and be ready to travel to customer sites.
- Salary: Hourly Position – depending on experience
- Benefit Package: medical, dental, PTO, 401(k), Long & Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Company Profit Sharing Program.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Careers@NewEnglandCleanEnergy.com in a Word or pdf attachment. Include “Journeyman Electrician” in the subject. No phone calls or faxes. We will contact qualified applicants that submit cover letters with their resumes within one week of submission.