Solar Site Assessor
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
Do you want to have an impact on the world’s future? Solar energy company New England Clean Energy is seeking a talented person to join our team as a Solar Site Assessor to support our growing company.
About This Position:
The Solar Site Assessor will be responsible for conducting onsite solar assessments at customer homes and businesses after the sales team sells the project. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to verifying that the proposed solar system meets all site requirements and constraints, as well as being in charge of assembling information required to permit and build the project.
- Complete up to 2-3 customer site visits per day
- Measure roof to ensure proposed solar panel layout will fit
- Record shade readings using a Solmetric SunEye
- Evaluate roof condition
- Identify and record special site conditions, as necessary
- Edit solar designs, as necessary
- Assemble project documentation, such as statements of work and project change orders
- Review all project details for accuracy and consistency
- Communicate effectively with sales team
- Deliver project details to sales administrator to move project into the permitting phase
- General understanding of building systems and trade terminology
- Ability to read construction documents
- Ability to lift 60 pounds and operate an extension ladder
- Must be comfortable working on a roof in varying weather conditions
- Resourceful self-starter, problem solver who is organized and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new things and understand new concepts
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to effectively use a tablet, PC, and digital camera
- Proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as Google Apps for Work (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Solar experience is a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable form of transportation
- Full time hourly position
- Compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance and PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan and company profit-sharing plan
*Relocation packages and work visas are not offered
How to Apply:
If you are a team player and want to contribute to a company’s ongoing growth while making a difference in the world, please submit your resume via email to Careers@NewEnglandCleanEnergy.com as a Word or pdf attachment. Include a cover letter. Put “Solar Site Assessor” in the subject heading. No phone calls or faxes. We will contact qualified applicants, who submit cover letters with their resumes, by phone or email.
About New England Clean Energy:
New England Clean Energy has the Highest Customer Satisfaction among New England solar installers. Our office environment is informal and collaborative, while our systems and approach are professional and organized. To learn more about New England Clean Energy, visit http://newenglandcleanenergy.com/about-us/about-us-nec/
New England Clean Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, New England Clean Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
New England Clean Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New England Clean Energy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.