COVID-19 Precautions and NE Clean Energy Re-Opening
Actions We Are Taking – And What We Are Asking Our Customers To Do – In Response To Covid-19
Note: It is important to know that no employee of New England Clean Energy has been diagnosed with COVID-19, the coronavirus.
Since Monday, June 22, 2020, New England Clean Energy has been back to full strength and working in all our service territories (RI, MA, NH, and ME). Our approach to work has continued to be careful and deliberate to protect both our customers and our employees from any transmission of the COVID-19 virus. As a result, we’ve been a bit slower than we would like, but we believe the caution is more than worth it.
Here is a list of the precautions we are taking plus a list of what we are asking every customer to attest to before we make any on-site sales or service visit.
What Our Employees Pledge to Do
- Our employees that can work from home, will work from home
- Our employees will do as much work remotely or virtually as possible
- Our employees will wear a mask when at work
- Our employees will wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, they will use a hand sanitizer and let the sanitizer air dry
- Our employees will practice social distancing at all times
- Further, all our in-person interactions with others will happen outdoors whenever possible or in a well-ventilated area if outdoors is not possible
- If a work area is limited in size or ventilation only one person should be in it whenever possible
- After being occupied, we will work to leave it unoccupied for at least 90 minutes before a different person’s use/entrance
- Our employees will not come to the office or work if they have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- If any of our employees have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 they will:
- Contact their physician to seek guidance, including testing
- Not come to work until cleared by a physician to do so
- Our employees will have no visitors in our office, warehouse, or any job site under our control
- If in the office, our employees will not sit in or at adjacent cubes or desks
- Our employees will clean and sanitize any frequently touched surfaces or tools such as wrenches, doorknobs, and the entire kitchen area multiple times each day
- When wiping anything down, our employees will let any cleaner sit for at least 60 seconds before wiping it away
- When indoors, such as the warehouse, office, or job site, our employees will open doors and windows to increase airflow
- Our employees all fully realize that they must protect themselves off the job, as well as on it, for the above restrictions to be effective
What we Ask Our Customers to Attest
As well as doing our part to protect everyone, we are asking our customers to do their part too. Specifically, we ask all our customers to attest to the following when we schedule a visit to your home or business as well as upon our arrival each day:
- Please confirm that no one living at or visiting the job site has experienced or come in contact with anyone experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms
- Please confirm that you will help us avoid any virus transfer by washing your hands before our visit and you will assist us in limiting our indoor time as much as possible
- Please confirm you will help us social distance and that you will wear a mask whenever we are in the same general area
- To the extent we have them available, we will provide you a mask if you have nothing available
- Please confirm your understanding that we will all be safer if we primarily meet outdoors whenever possible and limit any time spent in the same room or indoor area
Lastly, please note that if the above is not the case upon our arrival – or any time during our visit – our employees may, at their own and sole discretion, elect to terminate their visit and leave the job site in whatever condition it is at that time. And further, the company may, if you had refused to rectify the situation when so requested, charge you a $250 truck roll fee and may indefinitely delay any further work on your project until any such issue or issues are rectified.
We truly appreciate working with all of our customers and look forward to a long and healthy business relationship.
Chief Executive Officer
New England Clean Energy Inc.
Last update: Tuesday, September 15, 2020