(This is the first in a series of three mini-split articles I’m posting this week.)
Spring is in the air, and air-conditioning season is fast approaching. As our climate continues to heat up, air-conditioning becomes more and more important.
Do you dread the annual A/C installation ritual? If you’re like many people, you do. In fact, I could have titled this post The Annual Air-Conditioner Nightmare. It usually goes something like this:
- Debate with your partner when to install the window units.
- Risk a back injury moving the A/C units from the garage, attic or basement.
- Dust off the units. Consider replacing the filters but then decide it’s too much work.
- Open the window and painstakingly wiggle each unit into position.
- Hold your breath when you lose your grip and envision the unit crashing to the ground.
- Swear at your partner (or be sweared at).
- Finally get the unit positioned right.
- Wipe sweat from your brow.
- Adjust the side screens to fit the width of the window.
- Complain about the gaps around the edges while you picture dollar bills flying out the window.
- Turn the system on and sigh in relief.
- Argue with your partner over the temperature and the noise from the A/C.
How are Mini-Splits different?
- Pick up the remote.
- Turn on the unit.
- Adjust the direction and flow of the air if desired.
- Hear nothing.
- Enjoy the coolness and comfort where you need it.
Yes, Ductless Mini-Splits are that simple (and quiet). And they’re ultra energy-efficient so they save you money and help the planet.
And they improve spousal relations. I promise.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy: