Solar Inspection Specialist
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
Do you want to put your experience to good use at a small, successful, growing company working to help save the planet?
Our Inspection Support Specialist is ideal for an experienced electrician or solar professional who would like to work in a new and growing industry where they can make a difference. It would be particularly good for someone looking for a part-time position.
New England Clean Energy LLC, a leading Hudson, Massachusetts-based solar installer, fuels its growth with the unmatched customer and employee satisfaction. Join our dynamic team. Help us expand.
Responsibilities: (Include, but are not limited to the following)
- Managing and scheduling wiring and building inspections with building departments and homeowners
- Representing the company for inspections with wiring and building inspectors
- Conducting quality assurance inspections to help the company maintain its high standards
- Managing project documentation
- CAT5, Internet Networking and troubleshooting
- Fostering relationships with customers and inspectors
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours to meet customer and inspector needs; have reliable transportation, a current driver’s license with a good driving record; and be ready to travel to customer sites and interact with customers and town officials.
- Applicant must hold a current Massachusetts Journeyman Electrical License and/or NABCEP Installers Certification.
- Excellent organization skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office a plus)
- Ability to Work as part of a team
- Have an understanding of the NEC, electrical calculation, solar terminology and equipment
- Great communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Able to lift 50lbs of weight
- Ability to work outdoors throughout the year
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- Have basic hand tools
- Salary: Per project flat fee as a 1099 contractor
- Scope of work: two to six inspections per week, on average
- Territory: Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Expenses: mileage reimbursement at the standard company rate
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Careers@NewEnglandCleanEnergy.com in a Word or pdf attachment. Include “Inspection Support Specialist” in the subject. No phone calls or faxes.
We will contact qualified applicants that submit cover letters with their resumes within one week of submission.
About New England Clean Energy:
New England Clean Energy has the Highest Customer Satisfaction among New England solar installers. To learn more about New England Clean Energy, visit https://newenglandcleanenergy.com/why-choose-us/
New England Clean Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other classification. In addition to federal law requirements, New England Clean Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
New England Clean Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New England Clean Energy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.