Solar Service Electrician
Location: Hudson, Massachusetts
New England Clean Energy is seeking a talented Solar Service Electrician to join our small but highly successful solar energy company to help drive our service business.
New England Clean Energy Inc. is a leading New England solar installation company with the highest customer satisfaction rating in the region. We are focused on doing solar renewable energy installations and service for both residential and commercial customers the right way; maximizing customer value and satisfaction.
Responsibilities: (Include, but are not limited to the following)
- Troubleshoot and service solar electric systems of all types and sizes, including troubleshooting communication (reporting) issues
- Communicate effectively with home and business owners, suppliers, inspectors, and our office
- Specify and order correct components as needed for projects (typically with the assistance of our in-house operations group)
- Manage related paperwork and documentation as well as maintain and update our state of the art customer tracking / project management system
- Work with the whole NECE team to help the company build a profitable and highly successful service organization
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours year-round Monday to Friday, have reliable transportation, a current driver’s license with a good record, and be ready to travel to customer sites (typically in a company supplied service vehicle/truck.
- Applicants with a current journeyman’s electrical license required
- Two to three years of solar electric system troubleshooting and service experience preferred
- Experience spec’ing and pricing projects preferred
- Have an understanding of NEC and electrical calculation
- Be able to work on ladders and roofs of all pitches and heights and be able to lift 50lbs of weight
- Have basic hand tools and a cell phone with a data plan (monthly stipend for phone included)
- Full-time year-round (M-F) position with hourly compensation based on experience
- Company credit card for business use, personal vehicle mileage reimbursement, monthly phone stipend
- Exceptional Benefits Package available: Full Medical (individual or family), Dental, 3 Weeks Of Vacation/Sick Time in 2nd Calendar Year of Employment (PTO), 401K With Company Match, Long Term and Short Term Disability plus Life Insurance, and Company Profit Sharing (all may not apply for a part time role)
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Careers@NewEngalndCleanEnergy.com in a Word or pdf attachment. Include “Solar Service Electrician” in the subject. No phone calls or faxes. We will contact qualified applicants.
About New England Clean Energy:
New England Clean Energy has the Highest Customer Satisfaction among New England solar installers. To learn more about New England Clean Energy, visit https://newenglandcleanenergy.com/why-choose-us/
New England Clean Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other classification. In addition to federal law requirements, New England Clean Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
New England Clean Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New England Clean Energy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.