Solar Internship for Vocational High School Students
Are you a student at a vocational high school interested in learning about solar power and battery systems, which is the 3rd fastest growing career in the country? Then join New England Clean Energy Inc. as a High School Student Intern.
New England Clean Energy is a leading Massachusetts-based solar installation company with the highest customer satisfaction rating in the region (top ratings from employees too!).
Location: Hudson, MA
Weekly Hours: 20 Hr. Wk. / Flexible Schedule
Employment Type: 2022 Fall MassCEC VIP Internship
Responsibilities/Areas of Learning: (Include, but are not limited to the following)
● Work with installation team on solar pedestals and racking systems
● Assist Electrician and Apprentices with non-electrical duties
● Light construction & Job site maintenance
● Work in varying roles with installation teams as well as service department which includes solar system troubleshooting and problem solving
● Occasionally assist with system design tasks such as one-line diagrams
● Have interest in learning all facets of solar and solar + battery system installation
● Have excellent organizational skills
● Be able to work as part of a team
● Enjoy working outside
● Be able to work on ladders and roofs of all pitches and heights
● Be able to lift 50 lbs.
● Have basic hand tools
● This is a paid internship and will be part of the MassCEC Vocational Internship Program
How to Apply:
If you are a team player and want to contribute please submit your resume via email to Careers@NewEnglandCleanEnergy.com as a Word or pdf attachment. Include a cover letter and put “Solar Installer” in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes. We will contact qualified applicants.
About New England Clean Energy:
In business since 2006 and servicing Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire, New England Clean Energy has the Highest Customer Satisfaction in the region. To learn more about New England Clean Energy, visit https://newenglandcleanenergy.com/why-choose-us/
New England Clean Energy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, New England Clean Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff , recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. New England Clean Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of New England Clean Energy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.